UK Beauty Blog, Scottish Blogger, Makeup, Beauty, Style, Looks
Saturday, 13 July 2013
How to: Everlasting Lipstick
Hi, my name is Yuen and I blog at The Craziest Paradigm. I would like to thank Laura for letting me guest post!
As a girl, a lip stick is often a must. They come in so many shades and finishes that there's something for everyone! But what most people dislike is touching up during the day.
What if there isn't a mirror? Or if there isn't enough time?
Here are some quick steps to ensure that your lipstick lasts:
1. Scrub it - Use a lip scrub or a toothbrush to gently remove the dead, dry skin. Lipstick won't stick to dry, flaky lips and no matter what you do, it's always important to have a good, clean base.
2. Balm it - Apply a layer of lip balm. Lip sticks can dry your lips out, so apply a layer of lip balm underneath to protect your lips and to keep them moisturized
3. Dab it - Dab a bit of foundation on your lips and it fills in fine lines and give your lipstick something to cling to
4. Line it - Using a lip liner that matches your natural lip color, line and fill your lips to create a base for the lipstick to prevent bleeding. By using a liner that's similar to your natural color, it prevents any major contrast between the liner shade and the lipstick shade
5. Apply it - Apply that lipstick!
6. Blot it - With a tissue, gently blot your lips as it'll extend the wear of your lipstick
7. Layer it - Apply another layer!
8. Seal it - Using translucent loose powder, lightly dust your lips to seal in the colour
That's it! Now you don't have to bring your lipstick out with you and save space in your bag!